Child care costs are one of the most expensive costs associated with going back to work. Finding ways to cut down on child care costs without sacrificing quality child care is a top priority for all working parents. Here are a few ideas that can help trim your child care costs without sacrificing child care quality:
1. See if your employer has a child care flexible spending account. As for government servant with monthly combined monthly income less than RM2750.00 are eligible to get additional money/allowance. Some goes to certain private company in Malaysia eg. CIMB. You also can ask your employer to take out a certain amount of money each month from your paycheck and you can use this money tax free for child care related expenses.
2. Inquire if your company has partnerships or offers discounts for certain child care provider services. Some larger companies will sometimes negotiate discount plans with local child care providers to help offset child care costs.
3. See if your public school district offers a half day pre-kindergarten program for 4-year-olds. These programs are usually free and by signing-up your child, it will reduce your child care needs to a half day from a full day.
4. Check to see if your employer would be open to flex hours, job sharing or telecommuting. If so, you may be able to use these to juggle your schedule and cut your child care costs.
5. If both you and your spouse work, see if it's possible to arrange your work schedules so they overlap as little as possible. This will allow you to reduce the number of hours your child has to spend at child care.
6. See if there is a relative or good friend that can help with child care.
7. Consider hiring a babysitter and sharing the cost of child care with a few good friends. This will allow you to pay less individually for child care costs and the babysitter will make more money overall.
8. Hiring maid…but now, not from Indonesia..their government freeze it...:)